Directions for Build-up or Adding-on to Restorations: You can make additions and repairs to Crystal® Ultra restorations with methacrylate-based light-cured restoratives. Restorations made from Crystal® Ultra must not be reworked with tungsten carbide tools as such instruments may damage the material. Use only diamond coated milling tools or special polishing tools desired for hybrid ceramic-resin materials. When reworking, use water and exert only slight pressure. This material should not be fired under any circumstances during processing, finishing or build-up/add-on.
Build-up or Add-on guidelines are as follows:
- Extraorally: Roughen the site to be added to with a coarse diamond, stone, or air abrade (sandblast with 50μm aluminum oxide). Clean the restoration in an ultra-sonic cleaner with normal detergent.
- Intraorally: Roughen site to be added to with a coarse diamond, stone or intraoral air abrasion unit. Rinse and clean the prepped site, then dry.
- Brush on Scotchbond Universal Adhesive to the roughened area for 20 seconds and gently blow dry for 5 seconds.
- Use a Light-cure adhesive for 10 seconds.
- Apply methacrylate-based light-cured restorative and light-cure according to the instructions for use.
- Shape and smooth the addition using a medium wheel or diamond impregnated rubber wheel such as Dialite™.
- Polish using the appropriate steps in the Restorative Finishing section above.
Important Note: Since dust is formed when grinding dental ceramic products, always wear a face mask or grind when wet. Use an extraction unit in the laboratory.